A dense and dark chocolate delight
- 250 gr. 60% or higher chocolate, in chunks
- 195 gr. unsalted butter
- 200 gr. (4 large) eggs
- 435 gr. granulated sugar
- 250 gr. all purpose flour
- 2 gr. Kosher salt
- 8 ml. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9×13 pan with parchment and spray sides of pan with non stick spray
- Place chocolate chunks and butter in heat proof bowl over simmering pot of water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t come into contact with the water.
- In mixer bowl with paddle attached, combine sugar and eggs. Whip on medium high until start to form ribbons.
- Pour the melted butter/chocolate into sugar/egg mixture and combine.
- Add in flour, salt and vanilla, mix to combine
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Cool, cut and enjoy
A stirred custard which is perfect for cake fillings.
Adapted from On Baking